Rehabilitation Medicine aims to enhance and restore function and quality of life to those with impairment and disabilities arising from disease and injuries. These can include conditions such as Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury and Musculoskeletal disorders. The Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist works to help maximise patients' independence and improve their quality of life.
The NHG Rehabilitation Medicine Residency Programme aims to train the Senior Resident in the skillsets necessary to carry out holistic assessments and interventions for the betterment of patients' function. Our Residency Programme, based at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), is a comprehensive 3-year training programme. The residency faculty is staffed by experienced Rehabilitation Medicine Specialists, who are committed to train and nurture every incoming Senior Resident.
TTSH Rehabilitation Medicine Department manages the Singapore's largest inpatient Rehabilitation facility. It has the most comprehensive subspecialty clinical programme, that can offer the Senior Resident hands-on learning and exposure in Rehabilitation Medicine Subspecialties. The Centre for Advanced Rehabilitation Therapeutics (CART), opened in 2011, houses state-of-the-art Rehabilitation Robotics for treatment of patients with disabilities / injuries and provides an ideal platform for the Senior Resident with an interest in technology and research to improve patient care. Additionally, opportunities for off-site training are also available during elective postings with our partner sites.
The NHG Rehabilitation Medicine Residency Programme is dedicated to imparting expertise in Rehabilitation Medicine through our broad-based curriculum. We are committed to foster leadership in rehabilitation medicine and inspire collaborative spirits in our Senior Residents.
|Dr Tham Shuen Loong (TTSH)|
Associate Programme Director
Dr Lim Jeong Hoon (NUH)|
Clinical Core Faculty Members
Dr William Chan Wai Lim (TTSH)
Dr Karen Chua (TTSH)
Dr Samantha Yap (TTSH)
Dr Kim Jong Moon (TTSH)
Dr Tan Ping Ping (TTSH)
Dr Deshan Kumar (TTSH)
Dr Wong Chin Jung (TTSH)
Dr Lui Wen Li (TTSH)
|Assoc Prof Kong Keng He (TTSH)|
Assoc Prof Tjan Soon Yin (TTSH)
Dr K Palaniappan (TTSH)
Dr Loh Yong Joo (TTSH)
Dr Yap Eng Ching (TTSH)
Dr Yen Hwee Ling (TTSH)
Dr Effie Chew (NUH)
1. National University Hospital
2. Singapore General Hospital
3. Changi General Hospital
1. TTSH Rehabilitation Centre in Ang Mo Kio: The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at this Centre has the capacity of 99 inpatient beds in four clinical programmes, a specialist outpatient clinic, and a full complement of nursing and allied health services, including a Community Rehabilitation Programme. It also provides Urodynamic Studies, Spasticity Management, Electrodiagnostic Studies, and Diagnostic Ultrasound for Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions.
2. TTSH Main Campus at Novena: The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine provides inpatient consultations to all departments, including subspecialist rounds for spinal injury, trauma and intensive care unit. The Department also provides many specialist outpatient clinics for MSK, Chronic Pain, Amputee, Complementary & Integrative Medicine and Advanced Rehabilitation Therapeutics.
3. National University Hospital System (NUHS): As a Participating Site, the Division of Rehabilitation Medicine at NUHS provides opportunities for the senior resident a three-month training rotation in Neuro and MSK Rehabilitation.
4. Changi General Hospital (CGH): As our partner Cross Cluster Rotation (CCR) site, the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at CGH provides opportunities for the senior resident a three-month training rotation in Neuro and MSK Rehabilitation.