Rehabilitation Medicine specialises in the holistic management of functional consequences of diseases and injuries, which include Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Musculoskeletal disorders. This programme trains the resident to ensure patients regain their independence in order to reintegrate into society.
The NHG Rehabilitation Medicine Senior Residency Programme based at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) is a comprehensive 3-year training programme. Our Department of Rehabilitation Medicine has the longest history and leadership faculty in specialist training in Singapore. Specialists in this field are dedicated to imparting critical teamwork skills to each incoming resident.
Having the nation's largest inpatient Rehabilitation Medicine facility and most comprehensive subspecialty clinical programme allows us to nurture the resident through extensive experiential learning. In 2011, the Department opened the Centre for Advanced Rehabilitation Therapeutics in order to provide assessment and therapy with state-of-the-art robotics to the patients in our rehabilitation programme.
The Senior Residency Programme nurtures the development of expertise and leadership in Rehabilitation Medicine through scholarly activities and strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
1. National University Hospital
2. Singapore General Hospital
3. Changi General Hospital
1. TTSH Rehabilitation Centre in Ang Mo Kio: The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at this Centre has the capacity of 99 inpatient beds in four clinical programmes, a specialist outpatient clinic, and a full complement of nursing and allied health services, including a Community Rehabilitation Programme. It also provides Urodynamic Studies, Spasticity Management, Electrodiagnostic Studies, and Diagnostic Ultrasound for Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions.
2. TTSH Main Campus at Novena: The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine provides inpatient consultations to all departments, including subspecialist rounds for spinal injury, trauma and intensive care unit. The Department also provides many specialist outpatient clinics for MSK, Chronic Pain, Amputee, Complementary & Integrative Medicine and Advanced Rehabilitation Therapeutics.
3. National University Hospital System (NUHS): As a Participating Site, the Division of Rehabilitation Medicine at NUHS provides opportunities for the senior resident a four-month core training rotation in Neuro and MSK Rehabilitation.