Our hand surgeons are highly trained and experienced in handling the various hand conditions. These include:
- Hand and wrist trauma
- Infections of the hand and upper limb
- Common degenerative conditions and diseases of the hand and wrist
- Replantation surgery
- Reconstructive microsurgery
- Post-traumatic deformities and contractures
- Congenital hand deformities
- Benign and malignant tumours
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Peripheral nerve lesions, including compression neuropathies
The prospective applicant applies directly into the Hand Surgery Residency Programme. He/she embarks on a 2-year Surgery-in-General (SIG) training programme, which equips him/her with knowledge in the fundamental principles of surgical practice, basic surgical skills, and competencies.
The resident uses these essential skills during his/her subsequent 4-year hand surgery residency training.