The Surgery-In-General (SIG) Residency Programme equips the resident with good grounding in the fundamental principles of surgery and competency in surgical skills. We believe it is essential for the resident to build a strong foundation for subsequent specialty training in order to yield the most effective results.
SIG comprises a 24-month programme with emphasis on surgical diagnosis and management, perioperative care, acquisition of procedural skills, and hands-on operative experience. Beyond clinical skills, the resident is required to engage in scholarly and research activities. Our programme also offers the resident regular training courses and uses training funds to allow him/her to attend workshops in surgical skills, evidence-based medicine, medical communications, medical education, patient safety, and quality improvement.
The resident is closely supervised and mentored by experienced faculty in a conducive learning environment. We regularly monitor his/her progress to ensure learning objectives are met.
Dr How Kwang Yeong (TTSH)
Clinical Core Faculty Member
Dr Abdul Kareem Saleem Ahmed (TTSH)
Dr Lim Kheng Tian (KTPH)
Dr Sivaraj Gunasekaran (KTPH)
- Department of General Surgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Surgery, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- Department of Emergency Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Urology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Service, Department of General Surgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Department of Paediatric Surgery, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital